Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark 2)

Sunday, April 07, 2013


How do you keep going when you feel like your life is over?

Maggie never thought she’d see Clay again. So, she attempts to put her life back together after her heart has been shattered to pieces. Moving on and moving forward, just as Clay wanted her to.

Clay never stopped thinking of Maggie. Even after ripping their lives apart and leaving her behind to get the help he so desperately needed. He is healing...slowly. But his heart still belongs to the girl who tried to save him.

When a sudden tragedy brings Maggie and Clay face to face again, nothing is the same. Yet some things never change. Can the darkness that threatened to consume them be transformed into something else and finally give them what they always wanted? And can two people who fought so hard to be together, finally find their happiness? Or will their demons and fear drive them apart for good?

The thing about love, is even when it destroys you, it has a way of mending what is broken. And in the shadows, you can still see the light. - Goodreads

REVIEW

I've raved about this series here and of how much it surprised me that it isn't what I expected in a good way - way too good. Light in the Shadows is the 2nd and final installment of Maggie and Clay's saga. If you've read the 1st book, you'd know what happened to them and in this installment they proved that love really do conquers all.

Where Find You in the Dark is all about Maggie and is fast-paced, Light in the Shadows is all about Clay. Though it was told in two POV's - that of Maggie and Clay, in my own opinion it still highlights Clay and his road to recovery and getting back his true love. I loved reading Clay's POV because it made me understand him more and the effort, courage and strength he had that makes him one of the most inspiring characters I've ever read. I loved reading his thoughts about everything else most especially his life. I loved reading all of his struggles towards the road of recovery.  When I read his part, I felt like I was him or that I was with him each and every step of the way. I know I'm blabbing more about Clay here but I loved Maggie just as much. Her unwavering love and devotion to Clay is something to marvel at.

This is an emotional read. Unlike the first book that has lots of angst, action, turmoil and drama, this book still had an intensity to it that made it a page turner. In this book, they are not just struggling about their relationship, Clay's mood swings and sickness and what Maggie's peers think about Clay but in Light in the Shadows  their relationship is caught in between reality and this time its not just the "you and me against the world" drama but its all about college and their future. Though it was immediately apparent that they would end up together considering that their love for each other is limitless, their road to their happy-ever-after is not all silk and gold. I thought I would be experiencing another heartache again when it came to that part when Clay told Maggie his decision on what he would do after high school. But that epilogue was so amazing and mesmerizing, I had to reread it to savor each moment.

The first book left me in agony and had me reduced to tears but this installment made me proud. Proud of what Clay had become. Proud of Maggie for sticking with him, loving and encouraging him along the way. Proud of Maggie's parents and best-friends for accepting Clay back and helping him recover along the way and most especially I am so proud of A. Meredith Walters for creating such an amazing book. I couldn't ask for more. This series is perfection! Thank you.

This heartbreaking, real and soul wrenching series will definitely stay with me in a long time. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments