The Proposal

Friday, February 01, 2013


In the weeks following Aidan’s betrayal, Emma has tried her best to move on. Ignoring his countless texts, voice mails, and flowers, she isn’t sure she wants to be won back by him. But Aidan isn’t going down without a fight—especially not until Emma lets him reveal the secret of his past that caused him to be so commitment phobic.

But fate intervenes when premature labor forces Emma on strict bed rest for two weeks. Aidan steps forward with a shocking proposal. To prove his love and commitment for her and their unborn son, he will take a leave of absence from work to care for her around the clock. Vowing to guard her heart, Emma reluctantly agrees.

While she is touched by Aidan’s attentiveness and tender loving care, Emma is thrown for a loop by the amorous attentions of ER doctor, Alpesh “Pesh” Nadeen. Pesh is everything Emma could ever want—successful, stable, and ready to settle down and be a husband and father. Pesh wants nothing more than to win Emma’s heart, but she is not sure she’s able to give it.

Her heart may still belong to the very man who broke it—the one who is so desperately trying to win her back. - Goodreads

REVIEW

Ms. Ashley did it again! The Proposal was everything I hope it would be and much more. After the shocking scene and that cliffhanger on the first book, I really hated Aidan. He had a wonderful woman that truly loves and care for him deeply but he risked it all because he's afraid of the big C - commitment. I really thought that he would not be able to redeemed himself after what he did but man, I was so wrong! He did not only redeemed himself but he did it with flying colors. I was also proud of Emma. She did not only succumbed right away to Aidan's woos and doings but she gave him a hard time and even dragged a handsome Doctor with her.

Speaking of the handsome ER Doctor, when I first read the blurb, I was thinking that there would be a serious love triangle issue here and it excites me because there's nothing more intriguing than having another man coming into an existing complicated relationship. And it was not just a man but a gorgeous and established man at that. I was really hoping that he will stir their relationship with his entry but was a bit disappointed that Ms. Ashley did not fully developed his character and incorporated him more on the storyline. Nevertheless, It also made sense because this is Aidan and Emma's story and Ms. Ashley gave her readers what they want, a happily ever after for the two.

What I love about this book and the whole series is its pure and honest characters and a simple storyline closer to reality. It has no pretensions and no dark pasts nor disturbed characters to dealt with. I felt like I'm watching a Drew Barrymore or Sandra Bullock rom-com on my couch with popcorn in hand. Its a refreshing book to read if you want something new and not in line with bad boys and rock stars hero that is so in trend nowadays.

This was so worth the wait. From the 1st page to the last, it didn't disappoints me. I laughed, teared up and was left smiling when I was done. Though I loved The Proposition much better, this is still a good follow up to the first book and I can't believe that I have to say goodbye to Aidan and Emma.

Thank you Ms. Ashley for the wonderful series. Till next time ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments