The Proposition

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


With her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor. Of course, there’s always a sperm bank, but Emma fears a donor mix-up might impregnate her with the spawn of Satan.

Resident company womanizer, Aidan Fitzgerald, is used to always getting what he wants, especially in the bedroom. When Emma spurns his advances at the company Christmas party, he's determined to have her no matter what it takes. After Aidan learns of Emma's predicament, he is quick to offer a proposition that will benefit them both. He will father Emma's child, but she must conceive it with him naturally. Not one for hook-ups or casual sex, Emma is reluctant to take him up on his offer, but his charm, coupled with her intense desire for motherhood, wins out.

Soon their baby-making sessions become more than just physical. Aidan can't seem to walk away from her while Emma begins to wonder if Aidan could be the one. But can Aidan leave his past behind to become the man Emma needs him to be? - Goodreads

REVIEW
“Here’s my proposition. I offer to father your child, and you in turn, promise to conceive it with me naturally.”

I'm a sucker for books that portrayed unconventional romantic relationships. So when I saw this book up on The New York Times' Bestsellers list and read the blurb, I knew then that I had to get a copy of this.

The Proposition has got be one of the best romantic novel's I've read this year. It has mixtures of the elements that I want when I read a romance book - humor, sweet, hot and steamy characters and dialogues that will make you grin. I'm not going to discuss further on its plot but basically it is a story of two individuals wanting something from each one and had to make a scheme to make it happen not knowing that it would change them forever. Emma wanted a baby for her own. Being on the age of thirty and a ticking biological clock, she goes to extreme things of having her self knocked up even asking her gay friend to be her donor. Aidan on the other hand is a player whose reputation of bedding different women had become synonymous to his name. He first saw Emma in a party and wanted her right away but was turned down. Having heard, Emma's predicament, he offered to be her sperm donor but the clause is they had to do it naturally. Sounds interesting right?

I got my copy of this book yesterday and started reading it last night. I was instantly hooked and was having a hard time putting it down. I fell in love with the story. It wasn't all about hot, steamy sex but there's a rare blend of humor in it that to some books that I've read sounded "forced" but in The Proposition, you couldn't help yourself but laughed and giggled along with it. I was sucked in by how author Katie Ashley created a perfect romance book story and not bothering to check how much was left or how far I am to the end part. So imagine my surprise  when "To be continued" was the last set of words I've read. Quite frankly, I didn't read any previous reviews about this book because I was so excited to read it right away when I got my copy. I didn't bother to read what other book lovers had to say about this book. I was too caught up with what I'm reading that I literally shouted explicit words when I got to the end part because if there's one thing that I love and hate about reading, it is cliffhangers. And it pained my heart to understand that I have to wait for three months for the sequel.

Overall, I really love this book (cliffhanger aside). I hadn't ready any books from this author yet but I definitely love her style. I'm looking forward for the next book and see what will happen to Aidan and Emma's relationship.

You Might Also Like

0 comments