Hopeless

Wednesday, February 06, 2013


Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.
- Goodreads 

REVIEW

After reading the blurb, I knew I had to get a copy of this. This wasn't my first Colleen Hoover book. I had already read Slammed and Point of Retreat and when I heard about this, I was ecstatic. I love Ms. Hoover and after reading Hopeless , I love her even more.

Hoover's attention to little details and her ability to incorporate everything makes this book unputdownable. The story was so engaging right from the get go that I didn't know I was already done with it after an hour. Her ability to create heartfelt story with realistic characters never cease to amaze me. 

I have to say that I didn't expected the big reveal (if you wanna know what it is, you have to read this). I  had my suspicions about one part of the story. I knew before the revelation that Dean and Sky are more interconnected than just a chance encounter outside a grocery store. I knew that somewhere in the past they met and became more than just acquaintances but I didn't see the other revelations coming. This is what I love about this book. All the pieces of the puzzle came, the clues was solved and the questions were answered and it just blew you away.

I'm not gonna divulged any other information about the plot because I'm not gonna ruined the fun to those who hadn't read this one yet. But I had to say, Colleen Hoover created another masterpiece. A book that will touch you and leave a mark to your life just like what it did to mine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments