The Mighty Storm

Friday, December 14, 2012


It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years.

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake.

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer? - Goodreads

REVIEW

I read this book last month but up until now I can still remember how I was affected by it and how it left me with a smile and a grin in my face. From the gorgeous, sexy and hot cover, the blurb till the last page, I was obsessed and was not able to put it down that I have to stay straight hours just to finish reading it in one sitting.

It all started when I first read Thoughtless and Effortless. I was so in love with those books that I began to devoured romance books that has rock stars as its main characters I've read a couple of them already before reading this but The Mighty Storm occupies the second spot for me (after the Thoughtless series). This book has everything that you need for a good contemporary romance. An unforgettable romance story, drama, jealousy, love triangle, second chances and steamy scenes. Told from Tru's point of view, the story unfolds at a great pace leaving no confusions behind. It has some similarities to the Thoughtless series but can stand on its own. 

I love the characters involved. I can feel their longing and their emotions like my own. Though the topic (cheating) is somehow controversial, it was so well-written that is so much like what is happening in real life. One thing that I also love from this book was the music. Before each chapter, the author incorporates lyrics of a certain song that is somehow related to what was happening or about to happen in that chapter. It's not just a random song but it connotes something that you as a reader wanted to find out. It is a nice twist added that will separate this book from other contemporary romance books out there.

Overall, The Mighty Storm is a fantastic reading experience and Jake Whethers is up there with Kellan Kyle.

You Might Also Like

0 comments