Accidentally on Purpose

Saturday, December 15, 2012


Emmy thinks her boss Kyle Sterling of Sterling Corporations is a jerk.

So, she sleeps with him.

Emmy tries to put the mistake behind her, but then finds herself snowed in with Kyle. As the snow builds, so does the heat in the house between the two. The problem is that Kyle has a steady girlfriend that he is unwilling to break up with. Emmy cuts Kyle off and starts dating Luke. Even as their relationship takes off, Emmy is finding Kyle hard to shake. He is blatant in his feelings and desires for Emmy, putting her in an awkward situation. She tries hard to resist Kyle, but deep down inside Emmy's motives are shady. When Emmy succumbs to her hidden feelings for Kyle without setting Luke free, devastating consequences ensue.

In addition to her two men, Emmy daydreams about doing violent things to her loud mouthed, opinionated mother.

With some humor and sarcasm, and of course, some tequila, Emmy's world will flip upside down as she deals with the results of "accidentally on purpose" falling for two men at once. - Goodreads

REVIEW

Honestly, I don't know where to start and I don't know how to rate it. I had this book sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks already. I was so excited to read it because it got positive reviews in Goodreads and it has the elements that I want when I wanted to read a good romance book like love, characters, love triangle, angst, gorgeous cover and intriguing book summary. It was an additional bonus that it was also featured in New York Times bestsellers list. I did read it in the end and divulged it in one sitting however, it was an interesting book to read because it did met some of my expectations and there were some parts that I was not too keen about. In short, this book had me on a loophole

Accidentally on Purpose  had me on a circle all the time. One minute I love it when I got caught up in the story but then boom! something happened but I didn't know where it came from. I also came to loved and hate the main character Emmy. I loved her humor and her constant banter with her mom but I hated her for her choices. She was supposed to an independent and strong woman but I didn't get it why she allowed someone to take control of her life and hurt her in the end. She has got to be the most selfish, stupid character I have ever  read about. I just wanted to slap some sense into her the whole time. With regards to the other two, I love Luke. He was the perfect gentleman while Kyle was a douche bag. At first, I was rooting for Kyle but he got some problems towards the end that it became predictable who will she choose.

Nonetheless, I mostly enjoyed it the whole time. It was an easy read and a good page turner. But whether or not its one of the books that will remain in your heart, it all depends on you as a reader. I would recommend it to readers who loves reading love triangles and romantic issues. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments