Thoughtless

Tuesday, November 13, 2012


For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source – a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same
. - Goodreads

REVIEW

I thought I would never find another romance book that I would love after Beautiful Disaster  but after reading this, It was definitely Love at First Read!

Thoughtless was recommended to me by a friend after she knew that I was falling in love with Travis Maddox and was having withdrawals for missing him. She gave this to me telling that like Beautiful Disaster this will also be a roller-coaster-ride of a book and damn was she right! Thoughtless took me to every possible motion of highs and lows. I loved, laughed, cried, irritated, happy, tensed and excited. Once I started reading this book, I just can't put it down. 

As you can now guess, the main theme about this book revolves around cheating. In all honesty, I was not too keen on reading it at first because cheating is also the top most relationship breaker for me but once I started reading, I began to understand why the cheating had occurred and why Keira was never the same after it. Come on?! If you're doing it with Kellan Kyle you would not hesitate to be too intimate around him. What I mean is that Kellan is one of those guys - musician, tattooed, romantic and can make you swoon and drool just by looking at him. If you were also falling in love with Travis Maddox like me then trust me, Kellan Kyle is his long lost brother. They have the same magnetism that will pull you down. Yes, I don't condone cheating, I am very much against it but in this book, I wouldn't mind (haha).

On the other hand, Kiera, the main character, perfectly summed up the title of the book. She's so thoughtless and may I say a selfish brat. There were so many things that she did to make me say those words but one thing I can't accept is her hurting two boys at the same time, Denny  by cheating with Kellan and Kellan for staying and choosing Denny. She at first refuse to let one go even suggesting to Kellan that they should only do innocent flirting. Come on?! is flirting considered and innocent act nowadays? I feel for Denny though because he was really a good man, a perfect boyfriend and doesn't deserve to be treated that way. I feel for Kellan. He is such a romantic softie and just wants to be with his love and is concerned of her happiness even considering leaving them together (Denny and Keira) so that they can start all over and forget everything that happened.

All in all, I love this book. S.C Stephens was able to successfully create a masterpiece that will tugged at one's emotions. You would really feel what everyone in this love triangle was going through especially the pain. Though, I disagree with the cheating and lying, I just cannot bring myself to hate this book. It was one of those books that I will be having a hard time forgetting and that's actually what I considered a good read. Even though, I was done with it last month, I didn't need to reread it again while creating this blog post. I can still actually remember the story and the scenes played beautifully in my mind.  My friend was right, it was a hell of a rollercoaster ride and I was glad I rode with it.



You Might Also Like

0 comments