Beautiful Disaster

Monday, October 15, 2012


The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. Goodreads

REVIEW

I'll be honest, if its not because of Fifty Shades of Grey, I would not encounter this book and would not have a sleepless day and grinning like a Cheshire cat the next. Being toted as the counterpart of FSOG for the young adult readers, I knew I had to read this piece, a thousand pages that I didn't put down for four damn hours not minding that the little veins in my eyes are already red and my head ached. I was so in love with it at the beginning and was an emotional train wrecked after. Blame it on me for being a hopeless romantic but I gotta admit that this is one of the best romance book I've ever read. 

It's so easy to say why I loved it. The characters on this novel are well developed. They have secrets to hide and some demons to fight away and even though its not that easy to leave their past behind, they made an effort to at least learn from it. But among them, Abby was someone I connected to. We both date bad boys (hi bby!) tattoos, frats, drinking, partying-those kind of guys. We both share the same apprehensions about dating them at the start, afraid of getting hurt and broken up. And we both fall into the allure of a bad boy. I can't blame Abby though there is really something about bad boys that makes me (or us) fall head over heels with them. Speaking of Travis, I fell in love with him. Yes, he maybe a violent person but if you dig deeper into his layers of toughness, you will notice a caring and loving person willing to give up everything for his beloved. He's a dangerous man to be involved with but he's so persistent in proving to Abby and to the world how much he had change and willing to change all for the love of his life. Oh how sweet!

If I would sum up their beautiful with a touch of disaster relationship it would be this:
  • Abby trying her best not to date Travis
  • Abby and Travis started going out
  •  Abby and Travis breaking up and He was so persistent to win her back
  • Abby and Travis's and their (hopefully) Happy Ever After sealed in Vegas

I know I'm fan-girling here but I can't help myself if I go gaga over this book. Do you know the feeling of not expecting anything and when you are surprised that something turned out good you go mad and crazy of happiness? This book perfectly describe it to me. I love this book. I can't get over with it. I know, because I saw my copy again while writing this review and I had the urge to read it again for the third time.  

P.S

Dear Jamie McGuire, you created a beautiful book about love that evoked emotional reactions from me - both positive and negative. You're characters are flawed but perfect at the same time and I can't wait for the next installment Walking Disaster to come out some time next year  because it will be written on Travis Maddox's perspective that would be AWESOME!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love your blog, AND i totally agree! This book is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete