Backstage Pass

Friday, November 16, 2012


Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance...

For him, life is all music and no play...

When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius...

She's the one to call the tune...

When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on...

Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory... and sin...

Goodreads

REVIEW

My friends noticed that I had been reading sweet, contemporary college romance lately so they asked me when was the last time that I read an erotic fiction. I mentioned to them that it was so many months ago with Sylvia Day's Bared to You and its sequel, Reflected in You,  which I forgot to make a review. They know that I had my share of reading erotic fiction in the likes of Fifty Shades of Grey and had developed a keen appreciation with novels that has celebrities or rock star protagonists so they recommended it to me. I look it up on Goodreads and noticed that a lot of people gave this a 4 or 5 star ratings. So I downloaded it thinking that it must be good.

This is perhaps one of the hardest book to review about in the sense that you are torn between what it is all about and what you're expectations are. But one thing is certain, its a damn hot and steamy book! As far as I can remember, I've never read a book before that is pretty much loaded with sex until the end. I'm not kidding when I said its a hard book to rate. I don't even know when to begin. What I do know is this:  If you're looking for a good storyline and heart wrenching moments, this is not a book for you but if you're looking for smoking-hot sex scene every page then you should read it. However, I pretty much didn't like it. I mean it was just okay. I hated the fact that it has no definite plot and there were some loopholes that needed further explanation. I also hate the fact that the end part is not that memorable and it did not give me a closure that I craved about. There were no character development. This book is a disappointment.

But even though I didn't like it as a whole, there were still some good points that are worth mentioning. One thing that I like about Olivia Cunning is on how she creates dialogues. She has this cunning ability to create memorable lines that will draw emotions from you. She has these one liners that will just pop-up when you least expect it. Yes, the sex scenes were hot but was too much at the end when they practiced BDSM and threesomes. It took away the love aspect that was starting to develop between Brian and Myrna. 
So here's the deal, I gave this book three stars because It was just pure sex. With FSOG there was a good storyline and a greater character development with an even greater end. But with this, all you get is sex and sex lessons.
  

You Might Also Like

0 comments