PANDAmonium!

Thursday, June 26, 2008


I first saw its trailer last March and I thought that it was really funny so I couldn't wait for it to be shown here in our local theaters. Unfortunately, when it was finally shown, I didn't have enough money left in my allowance to be able to watch it. Thus, I made a vow to myself that the next time I will receive my allowance I'm going to watch this movie. Luckily, my cousin gave my sister two movie passes so I beg my sister to let me have the other movie pass so I could watch Kung Fu Panda. It turns out that she liked to watch the movie also so the two of us went to Ayala Mall to watch it and LOL! it was a blast!

Kung Fu Panda is the story of Po, a big fat panda, who is the biggest fan of kung fu around. Po works in a noodle restaurant owned by his father (in this case a goose). Unexpectedly, he was "accidentally" chosen to fulfill an ancient prophecy of being the Great Dragon Master to bring peace to China and its people. With this, his long time dream of being able to learn kung fu along side the legendary furious five of Tigress, Crane, Mantis, Viper and Monkey - under the leadership of Master Shifu would now be at his feet. Unfortunately, the treacherous Tai Lung, a snow tiger, escaped from prison and is now heading to Po's village to seek revenge and it is now up to Po to stop him and protect everyone from this oncoming threat.

Basically, Kung Fu Panda's storyline about an unlikely hero out of not "society-thinks" a hero should be - in this case a "BIG, FAT PANDA" is sort of a cliche (remember shrek?) in which most of us have been familiar with. But, with its funny antics and wisecracks along with its lovable characters and with a stellar voice performance from an all star cast, Kung Fu Panda succeeds in entertaining me.

By the way, apart from enjoying the visual graphics of the movie, I happen to caught some memorable lines from it that I would like to share it here:


"There's no secret ingredient, you just have to believe in yourself"
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why it is called present"
"To make something special, you just have to believe it's special"

P.S :
I was quite a surprised when I learned that the movie's theme song was sang by our very own Sam Concepcion. Oh ho ho! way to go Sam! You make the Filipinos Proud.

You Might Also Like

1 comments