Rock the Heart

Tuesday, December 11, 2012


For the last four years, good girl Lane has regretted breaking up with Noel Falcon. She thought she was sensible when she told him his dreams of being a rock star would get him nowhere, but now that he's a rock god and her career is stagnant, she realizes just how wrong she was. When Noel hires the marketing company where Lane is an intern, she’s forced to see him again. If she wants to land her dream job as executive within the company, she has to win him over and secure his account. Too bad Noel is still pissed at her for breaking his heart.

When Lane’s company flies her to a Black Falcon concert to gain Noel’s attention, emotions run high the moment she sees him and realizes she’s far from over him. But Noel’s countless trysts with groupies and his cocky attitude make Lane believe he isn’t the same guy she once loved—now he seems to only want her body. Then after Lane discloses she needs him to procure a job, Noel proves he’s a changed man by forcing her to go on the road with him in order to get it.

After Lane reluctantly takes Noel up on his offer, she becomes willing to do whatever it takes to keep him satisfied, even if it means succumbing to his seductive ways. Lane soon finds deception is a dangerous game and she’s not the only one playing. - Goodreads

REVIEW

Aside from the love that I have for bad-ass, tattooed guy with a sweet heart ala Travis Maddox of Beautiful Disaster, I was also in love with musicians most specially rock stars when I read Effortless and Thoughtless. I found this book while I was browsing through my Goodreads recommendations and I devoured it in one sitting.

Rock the Heart was a quick and easy read. From the moment I saw the cover and the blurb at the back, I knew this is what I was looking for to satisfy my withdrawal and craving for another Kellan Kyle. It has everything that you would need your romance book to be in less than a thousand pages. At first glance and well base also on my reading experiences, I was thinking that this would be an erotic or a mature romance book but it was the opposite. The intimate scenes were just moderate and not to "flashy" that's why I would shelved it as a young adult type of book.

Quite frankly, I was having hesitations in reading this book because of the number of pages. I had this book downloaded on my e-reader so when I noticed that it only has less than a thousand pages, I was like "damn". I had this problem with smaller number of pages because I knew that everything will be rush and there would be no room for character development and supporting roles. Rock the Heart did not suffered from this same problem. Though it was short, it was Michelle Valentine was able to incorporate everything inside without leaving room for confusions. There was a good mix of past and present events so that the readers will not left on their own to figure out what had happened in the past that made them the way they are now.

Overall, It was a really good read but I can only rate it with four stars rather than five because I have read rock star romances before and all of the storyline were the same. I had this feeling that something was missing, yet, I could not pinpoint what it is. Even though, Rock the Heart did not offer something new but it was still a page-turner. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for something new and original but if you're looking for a book that could satisfy you're sexy and sweet rock star craving, this one's for you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments