My Favorite Mistake

Wednesday, December 05, 2012


Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever. - Goodreads


REVIEW

As I said a couple of times before and with my previous blog posts, I fell in love with Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster. In fact, when I read the blurb at the back of most books I picked out it always involves bad-ass, tattooed and troubled hero and a girl that will change him forever. I don't mind reading same plot over and over again. I just don't like it when it was bad.

So this book started as a good one for me. I picked it out because of its similarities with Beautiful Disaster and the blurb promises good things to happen and an intriguing plot that was interesting. It was good though when it started but after reading 5-10 chapters, I was somehow disappointed. 

For the most part of this book, I was confused. There were some parts or scenes in this book that had me literally shaking my head. One of which is the deal Hunter and Taylor made. Hunter will leave their apartment if she can prove to him that he loves or hates him. Come on?! who makes this kind of arrangement? Another thing is that the character development and the relationship build-up was simply flat. Yes, they both had issues about their past but after it was revealed, there was no indication that one of them had already put their past experiences behind. Even the end part bothered me. I was flipping through the page and then I realized it was the acknowledgement page already and I was like "Is that it?" ugh!

There were so many things that for me didn't add up and didn't make any sense at all in this. Since the similarities with Beautiful Disaster were so vivid, I was hoping that it will live up to the success of BD but in the end, it was just a good read when you're bored or just want to grab a random book but It was not the kind of book that will hooked you up and leave you wanting for more.


You Might Also Like

0 comments