Epic Fail

Thursday, November 29, 2012


At Coral Tree Prep in Los Angeles, who your parents are can make or break you. Cast in point:

- As the son of Hollywood royalty, Derek Edwards is pretty much prince of the school--not that he deigns to acknowledge many of his loyal subjects.


- As the daughter of the new principal, Elise Benton isn't exactly on everyone's must-sit-next-to-at-lunch list.

When Elise's beautiful sister catches the eye of the prince's best friend, Elise gets to spend a lot of time with Derek, making her the envy of every girl on campus. Except she refuses to fall for any of his rare smiles and instead warms up to his enemy, the surprisingly charming social outcast Webster Grant. But in this hilarious tale of fitting in and flirting, not all snubs are undeserved, not all celebrity brats are bratty, and pride and prejudice can get in the way of true love for only so long. - Goodreads


REVIEW

I had this book since September on my shelf but was just reading it yesterday and was done after 3hours.  This was one of the books that I picked out because of the gorgeous cover and the blurb at the back looks promising. But after reading it. it was an epic fail for me.

Epic Fail was a fine book. Its not that great and unforgettable to the point that you spend days having withdrawals about it but it was just ok. The story was cute, light and easy but it was too predictable and the characters are weak. It lacked depth and surprises. The only thing that surprised me though was when I got to the last page. The end part was not that convincing. In fact, I didn't notice that it was the final scene. I remember flipping to the next page and it was the acknowledgement page and I was like "that's it?". I was disappointed because I was so excited to read this book and the first part got me hooked but after like 7-8 chapters, it went downhill. 

I felt like the book has a lot of loose ends. There were lot of conflicts that needed to be fixed, confusions that needs to be addressed and pieces of jigsaw puzzles that needed to be set-up properly. Nevertheless, this can pass as a good read to some that are looking for a simple and easy romance book to read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments