Taking Chances

Thursday, December 06, 2012


Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy.

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything. - Goodreads

REVIEW

I finished this book a couple of months ago, yet, I can still remember its story and how it affected me without re-reading. It was like riding into a roller coaster. You have pure excitement, happiness and shocked. It was an intense ride that I can't kept my tears from falling down. There were even moments that I wanted to rip Molly McAdams for creating something that ripped my heart and had me mourning.

The Story:
Harper grew up under the strict rule of a Marine Officer Father she called "Sir" and a bunch of marine boys that never took advantage of her. When she turned eighteen, she went to college across the country to be free from her Dad. There she meet her college roommate that introduce her to a life she never experienced before. She met Chase, her roommate's brother and though he was a jerk to her at first, she begun to develop a crush on him. But she guarded herself from falling to him because he was a player. Through Chase, she met Brandon, Chase's frat brother that seemed to like her and began to court her. Having same feelings, they instantly started dating. But Harper, still can't forget Chase and was torn between her feelings for these two guys. 

Sounds complicated? 

That's just the like 50% of what the book is. The other 50% was what happened after Harper and Chase gave in to a weekend of passion. The roller coaster ride literally starts there. Somehow, I was prepared when something happened between the two of them. I kinda expected it already since this is a love triangle and cheating is pretty much a big factor for this kind of plot to work. But I was not prepared about the second event that shook things up and I was in anguish when something worst happened without giving me an indication or a heads-up.

Brandon was really a nice guy and all. But I fell in love with Chase. I felt his heartache when he can't have the one thing that makes him happy. I felt his pain when he saw them as a couple. I was rooting for him all the way so when he had a chance to be with Harper, I felt his happiness. He can really be a good guy to Harper as well as her knight. He really do love Harper and will do anything for her.  But then that "thing" happened and I cried my heart out and had to ask myself a number of "why's" . I had a hard time recovering from that scene and had to pause and re-read that part to make sure that it really did happened. It was so sudden and unexpected that I found myself gasping for breath and shed tears. I thought that they had their happy ever after but sad to say McAdams had other plans. Nevertheless, I was happy with the ending though. It was not what I wanted to happened but It was what should happen.

This is the first YA Romance book that I shed tears with. I usually had these feelings when I read a Danielle Steel novel but this one made its way into my world. I would recommend that you place a box of tissue when you're reading it because trust me, you would really need it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments