Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts 2)

Monday, June 10, 2013



EXCERPT
In Relentless, college student Claire Nixon and surfer Adam Parker each had a painful past too heavy to carry alone. Claire tried to push Adam away, but Adam's relentless pursuit of her heart and her secrets made her walls come crumbling down.

Though their hearts will never be whole again, Claire and Adam now know they are stronger together than they are apart.

But now Claire's attending college a hundred miles away from Adam. With their relationship already hanging by a thread, Adam is sent to Hawaii on business.

And rock star Chris Knight is back in Claire's life.

Chris wants his ex-girlfriend back and he knows just how to get her: only he has the power to mend the final missing piece of Claire's broken heart. Now Claire must choose between a long-distance relationship with Adam and a second chance at love, family, and home. - Goodreads

REVIEW

This book or this series tore me apart. Together with Relentless, I read this book in one day, one after another and I was breathless at the end. I just can't find the words to say how much this series left me emotionally hanging and desperately begging for book three to come. 

When I finished reading Relentless, I was team Adam. I loved him because of what he did to Claire. I admired him for sticking up with her after he knew her dark secrets. I thank him for making Claire break up from her shell. I knew I wanted them to end up together but after reading Pieces of You, I was conflicted. Chris is not too bad. I love how he still cared and loved Claire after all those years. I loved how much he wanted to do everything for her because he knows what would make her happy. I admired him for not putting the blame to Claire and not judging her for the decisions he made. Plus, he is her first love, have history and have a child together. So there it is, two boys with lovely personalities and I can't seem to choose right now what team am I. So, currently, I am undecided. 

This is what made me love this book. The alternating three person POV's will make you see how awesome and real the characters were. I know there are some books with alternating POV's that will make you confused but this isn't one of them. The writing was so well crafted that the flow of the story told by different individuals was so smooth and effortless. Yes, it is a romance story - perhaps the best love triangle romance story I've ever read but its also full of drama that will tear you apart and will tug at your heartstrings. 

This is an amazing sequel to Relentless and has become one of my favorite series. Kudos to Cassia Leo for a job well done. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments