Losing it

Thursday, November 22, 2012


Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier. - Goodreads
  
REVIEW

They say "do not judge a book by its cover" and I know that they usually has something to do with a person's character but I'm gonna take it literally though because this book is a primary example for this.

I saw this book when I was buying magazines at a local bookstore. The cover caught my interest because of this hot boy. Even though, I can only see one side of his face, I already knew he was beautiful. With his complexion and sandy-brown hair, I can't help but stare at him. But aside from that one, another thing that caught my attention is this girl who looks like she's having orgasm or on the verge of it. The cover screams intensity, passion, hot-romance that perfectly got me intrigue. Then I read the summary at the back, and was like, Great! I'm going to read this!

Was it good?

Not exactly. I don't want to summarized everything again but for me, Losing It was just an "ok" book to read. Yes, there was the essential components of a romance book like kissing, laughter, drama and tension but the story did not leaved an imprint on me. Quite frankly,  I was expecting a lot more because of the gorgeous cover and the storyline printed at the back but I was a little bit disappointed. The plot was flat. There was no conflict. I knew that the summary at the back of the book indirectly mentioned about forbidden relationship and I was kinda hoping it would be on the book. However, the author did not played more on it. There should have been more excitement and more scenes where the chances of them getting caught was disaster but again, it was just lame. There should have been a build up on their relationship to make it more romantic since this is a romance novel. Majority of the time, I was confused and had to reread some pages to get a better understanding. What made me read it till the end though is the humor. There were lots of it with cute but catching line. Like for example these:
“How’s your cat?”
“What cat? Oh! MY CAT. The cat… that is mine. Oh, she’s... ” I had said it was a she, right? “She’s fine. All meowing and purring and other cat things.” God, why did the door have to be so far away?
And while they were making out and a step away from having sex, she was saying:
"Stop! Cats! Stop! 
I mean, who wants to use cats as an excuse for not being ready? I was shaking my head at this.

In all honesty, this book was a let down for me. There were so many things I wanted to happen or was thinking that was happening but it was not discussed in this. The first two chapters were the only ones that were promising and was closed to the blurb but the rest got lost. Yes, it was a good short read, but I wanted MORE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments