Bared to You (Crossfire # 1)

Tuesday, October 09, 2012


Our journey began in fire... 

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily... 

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. 

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

REVIEW

I read this book over a rainy afternoon, curled-up in my own bed with my pajamas and blanket covering my toes that were starting to feel the coldness of the day. I was already done reading Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy a couple of months ago and this book was recommended to me by my office mate who mentioned that this is like the Grey Trilogy but with better writing. Intrigue, I downloaded this on my iBook app and started reading it right away.

The narrative is about two emotionally flawed and scarred people - both victims of sexual child abuse that met and started a highly-charge sexual relationship with each other. They both knew and agreed to themselves that they are aware of their physical attraction to each other but they can't commit to a proper relationship because of past experiences that had tainted their future. But things got pretty intense when they began to spend more time with each other.

Since I had already read the Grey Trilogy, this was not the first time that I encountered a sensual and erotic kind of book.  Nevertheless, my heartbeat still sped up and I began to catch my breath as I began to read chapter 1 till the end. The coldness that I felt was gone and was replaced by a warm feeling reminiscent of the days when I started to read my first ever erotic fiction (50 Shades of Grey). As much as I enjoyed and loved the Grey Trilogy, I began to appreciate this book not only because they have a similar feel and flow but also because of the characters that I hate and love.

Fifty Shades of Grey VS Bared to You

Not much differences can be said between the two male protagonists, Gideon Cross and Christian Grey. They are both self-made billionaires, emotionally flawed, possessive, dominant and a good-looking fellow that can make all girls swoon (including me). But the two female ones, Eva Tramell and Anastasia Steele are so totally different from each other. Whereas Steele is an innocent virgin and naive, Eva is a bomb. Being a victim of sexual child abuse, Eva is a fighter. She knows what she wants and will find ways to get it. She admits her weaknesses but also know her strengths. You can't help but admire her personality - no wonder Gideon Cross is totally smitten over her.

I tried hard to ignore comparisons between the two series but again you can't really help it. All I know is that Sylvia Day's latest book is a joy to read and can't easily be put down. It may have the same feel with Fifty Shades of Grey but it can also stand on its own that is enough to let you realized that this is not a copy-cat.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It was def addictive and hard to put down but I felt it was a rip-off of the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy. Although I will buy the second book to see where the story takes us .... as the author still has to reveal Gideons real history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already read the 2nd book. It was way better than this. Bared to you got me bored halfway through but Reflected in You did not. I'll blog about that soon

      Delete