Bad Rep

Thursday, March 07, 2013



Maysie Ardin is soaking up the summer before her junior year of college, shopping, hanging by the pool and shopping some more. But when her black belt in spending lands her in trouble with her parents, she is forced to take a second job at a local bar to dig herself out of a deep financial pit.

She thought she’d be miserable. But then Maysie didn’t count on Jordan Levitt, the hot, pierced and tattooed, drum playing bartender who also happens to be very interested in her. And the feelings are totally mutual.

It had the makings of the perfect romantic set up. Boy meets girl. Boy likes girl. Boy has girlfriend? Okay, maybe not.

But attraction is a hard thing to ignore and soon Jordan and Maysie find themselves in the middle of a gossip induced firestorm. Maysie has to learn whether she can set aside her fear of public disapproval in order to be with the one she wants. Or will she let the opinions of others dictate her life and her heart? - Goodreads

"Who gives a damn about their reputation? Oh, that would be me! Especially since mine had gone straight to hell in the span of thirty minutes".

REVIEW

I had been missing my dose of college romances lately. I am so glued up in reading New Adult and Contemporary Romances that I noticed I haven't had a romance book played in a college campus lately. I asked a friend of mine for recommendations and this was the one she gave me. I actually didn't read it right away but  was pushing it back down on my to read list prioritizing reading series I followed. So when I picked it up, I never thought I would like it but I did.

I'm not going to elaborate more on the plot because the blurb says everything already. But basically, it had the makings of a perfect love story. Hot, pierced and tattooed drum playing Jordan meet sorority girl Maysie in the bar where they work together. Attraction heats up and Maysie was willing to let Jordan enter her life until she found out that Jordan is in a three year relationship with a girl, not just an ordinary girl, but the equally gorgeous and famous president of her sorority. She turned down Jordan's advances because she doesn't want to be tagged as the other woman but one night and one party change everything that she builds. Caught making out by one of her sorority sister, Maysie saw her reputation went down the drain. 

This book had me on the grip. I could not stop turning the pages willing to find out what was going to happen next. I laughed, I cried and got really pissed off on all those mean girls and jerks. When I went to College, I was never a member of any sorority group but I knew a lot of people that were. I was never one of those campus faces that has reputation to upheld. I'm just one of the majority that blends in the background but I felt what Maysie went through. I wanted Maysie to stand up and fight not ran away and sulked in her bedroom. I wanted to scratch the pretty faces of those girls who call themselves sorority sister but on the inside, they are just shallow, back-stabbing bitches. It took a while but when she finally did it with flying colors, I was so proud. My heart literally overwhelms with joy when I read what she had to say to those bitches. I could just imagine the looks in their eyes. HAHA

Bad Rep is not just an ordinary romance story. Yes, the romance is sweet and swoon worthy and the sex is hot but I love this book because of the message it conveys and that is to be true to yourself. You can't please everybody so don't waste your time doing something for their own benefit but do something for yourself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments