Broken

Saturday, March 09, 2013


This month my name is Mary. My name is different every month—Brandy, Honey, Amy…sometimes Joe doesn't even bother to ask—but he never fails to arouse me with his body, his mouth, his touch, no matter what I'm called or where he picks me up. The sex is always amazing, always leaves me itching for more in those long weeks until I see him again.

My real name is Sadie, and once a month over lunch Joe tells me about his latest conquest. But what Joe doesn't know is that, in my mind, I'm the star of every X-rated one-night stand he has revealed to me, or that I'm practically obsessed with our imaginary sex life. I know it's wrong. I know my husband wouldn't understand. But I can't stop. Not yet. - Goodreads


REVIEW

Oh wow! Where to begin?

I have my fair share of reading erotica for quite some time. But I don't just read them because of the sex but I love my erotic fiction the same way I love my contemporary romances - a unique storyline that will captivate me till the end. Broken did it and much more.

Sadie met his husband Adam in college. He was her first love and flashbacks to the way they were in college makes us conclude they were a happy couple until a skiing accident that destroys Adam and makes him invalid - a quadriplegic but also destroys their marriage slowly. With marital problems at home, Sadie mets Joe when they happen to share the same bench in the same area they both like. They slowly became friends and agreed to continue seeing each other once a month on the same place where everytime they met, Joe tells her his sexual conquests. Joe slowly unravels himself to Sadie thru his sensual stories and Sadie is imagining herself as the girl in Joe's story. She knows she's deceiving her husband by imagining herself in Joe's stories but it helps her deal with her stressful life, physical longing for intimacy and her slowly failing marriage.

Broken is a pleasure to read not just because of the sexual scenes but also because of its unique storyline. I love the fact Ms. Hart doesn't gave us right away the personality and history of her characters. We have vague feelings of who they are but as the story progresses the characters persona slowly emerged. Sadie's story was heartbreaking but I love the fact that she was a strong woman through and through. I actually predicted that she will jump into a forbidden relationship with Joe but she proved me wrong. Even-though taking care of her husband is draining and stressful and sometimes it makes her unhappy, she still stands by his side till the end. She didn't do what other intimacy deprived woman would do when in the company of a hot and gorgeous man.

A roller coaster ride of emotions, this book is worth the read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments