This Man

Friday, February 22, 2013


Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming affect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her? - Goodreads

REVIEW

Blame it on my Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to you withdrawal but I have never liked an Alpha Male before Jesse Ward. He definitely put the word control to the extreme. I have experienced my fair share of super alpha males before and had fallen in love with them - Christian Grey, Gideon Cross and Travis Maddox topped my list however I could not deal with Jesse Ward. He's possessive, crazy, stubborn and has some serious anger-management issue. I know this is just pure fiction but it made me curse some expletives while reading.
I don't intend to go into details about this book because the story is too cliche in the lines of hot millionaire meets a nice girl - sparks fly - he pursues her - bedded her and started an out of this world relationship but other than that it was totally flat. The plot was totally centered on them figuring each other out. It wasn't that bad at first but it was too dragging and boring. I think almost all of its content is pure sex. Don't get me wrong, I adore reading sex scenes because it makes a book complete and much more real but if this is just the main core of a book without any support of a good background story - forget it. This happened to me while reading this book. I couldn't count the number of times I flipped through pages of sex scenes not because I was disgusted but because it took out the interest I had on this at the beginning that is starting to diminish pages after pages. 

I was looking for something to love about this book but I just can't. I was totally frustrated with it. I love stories good or bad but this book isn't my cup of tea.  And I hated myself because I know I will still read the next book because I need to finish the series. I'm like that. It doesn't matter how bad or how I don't like the book, I would still continue reading it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments