Rock and a Hard Place

Thursday, December 20, 2012


One day while watching the Interstate exit for her dad’s long awaited return, Libby’s life is rocked when Peter Jamieson steps off his tour bus and into her life. After a couple chance meetings with Peter, Libby breaks away from her rule abiding behavior and her life changes course.

Peter longs for normalcy away from the screaming fans who know nothing about the real him. He is amazed to discover Libby has never heard of him or his band. Soon their friendship turns to love. While Peter battles his family's growing interference so he can spend time with Libby, she struggles with her eccentric aunt who turns more bizarre each day.

Their lives are torn apart when Peter's family intrudes and Libby disappears. Peter’s desperate search for her comes up empty. Can they find their way back to each other while the world plots against them? - Goodreads

REVIEW

As what I admitted in my previous posts and base also on the kind of books I've read, I'm a sucker for romance stories that has rock stars and celebrities in it. This is not because I wanted to be famous or something but I just had a thing with these kind of romantic relationships. They are unconventional and so romantic. So when I saw this book up on my  recommendations list on my  goodreads account, I knew I have to read it.

Rock and a Hard Place is a modern retelling of one of my favorite fairy tale of all time, Cinderella. At a young age, Libby lost everything after that tragic accident that took her mother and sister and had cause her father to leave her to a drug seller aunt and abandon her. While Peter, lives on the limelight as one of the member of the hottest band, Triple Threat. It might have the cliched storyline of boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy does everything to get the girl back, it was told in a not so cheesy kind of way. I was expecting a full blown romantic story of an ordinary girl falling in love with a rock prince but it surprised me when what I got was not just a romance story but also a story about hope, survival and finding one's self. 

It was an emotional book to read. It had me gripping my e-reader when something bad happened to Libby. I was doing my best in fighting tears to keep them from falling down. I sympathize with Libby. I felt what she had gone through after that accident. I was beyond happy when she met Peter but was sad when she lost him. I knew that they will going to find each other soon but once again, Stanton surprised me with the last few chapters. I'm not going to tell anything about it because it would be much better if you read it yourself to know what I'm talking about. All I can say is that the last few chapters were perhaps the most romantic scene in this book. It will truly illicit a burst of emotion from you when they met again and what happens next.

Overall, I loved Rock and a Hard Place. Though it was not a long book to read, it will not left you confused and rushed. Angie Stanton was able to create twist and turns that will left you satisfied in less than a thousand pages. This is one of the books can't be easily put down.

You Might Also Like

0 comments