That Wedding

Tuesday, November 27, 2012



The gorgeous engagement ring on my finger mimics my happiness.
I feel so sparkly, glittery, and full of promise, because I absolutely know he's that boy.
The boy I want to marry. My prince. My happily ever after.

But then our pastor starts asking lots of questions.
His parents say I haven’t dealt with my past.
I have horrible wedding disaster dreams.
I can’t find the perfect dress.
I have to manipulate him to get my way.
An old boyfriend asks me to run away with him.
My best friend says I'm going to ruin everything.
And forever starts to sound like a really long time.

Which totally freaks me out and makes me question everything I know.

Should best friends get married?
Will my past affect our relationship?
Are my horrible dreams a warning?
Will I ever find a dress?
Could his sexiness be clouding my judgment?
Am I going to ruin everything?
Or is it just a case of cold feet?

And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or am I going to listen to my heart and marry him? - Goodreads



REVIEW:

That Boy is a tough act to follow. It was perhaps one of the best contemporary romance novel I've ever read this year. I had definitely fell in love with it and had raved about it here. So right after I was done with it, I went on and read That Wedding because I wanted to know what is going to happen to Jaden/JJ's and Phillip's relationship. Though this installment wasn't an emotional ride compared to the first one, I still enjoyed it.

True to the form of the first book, it is written again in "journal-type" and in the protagonist's point of view. It literally starts where That Boy ends, when Phillip and Jaden are now engaged, happy and totally out of control. What I mean about it is I felt like what they usually do all the time is to have sex. It bothers me though because the book was written on a day to day basis and every page, you will be able to read that they had done it again. So if you analyzed it, its like they're having sex everyday which is totally crazy! Even Jaden's past relationships and previous sexual encounters are mentioned and it kinda portray that Jaden's a slut.

Anyways, going back to the book, Jaden has finally found her prince charming and is living a fairy tale life until she was pressured by her soon-to-be in-laws and friends to start planning her wedding. Each and everyone had something to say to her on how her wedding should be that it literally caused panic and instilled doubts on her. Heck, she almost bailed out from her engagement! I am not married yet, but I can feel the pressure and the stress planning a wedding can bring to the bride. Maybe this is the reason why there is a huge demand for wedding planners out there.

Like the first installment, this book had lots of funny scenes again but one thing that made me LOLing about was the spider scene. That one was epic! I just wanted to know how big the spider was and I can picture Jaden's reaction when she encountered it. Aside from funny scenes, the one that got me the most was the whole experience in preparing for a wedding. And the wedding itself plus their voys? that was really romantic.

Once again, this book made me envy Jaden. She has two loyal boys on her side. One is whom she will marry and the other one is a loyal best friend. Lucky Girl!

I am totally sad that this is the end of the road for this series. I wanted more Danny, Jaden and Phillip but I want to say thanks to Jillian Dodd and her novels. Thank you for making me believe that true love - the fairy tale kind, actually exist.

P.S.
We can also wait for That Baby :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments