Easy

Friday, October 19, 2012


A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.

When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy - Goodreads

REVIEW

I was looking for a light contemporary read and a cure for my Beautiful Disaster withdrawal when I stumble on this masterpiece by Tammara Webber. I heard of its positive reviews as well as recommendations from people like me who also loves Beautiful Disaster and can't get enough of it while waiting for the next installment so once again I curled up in bed and began flipping through pages and was done reading in less than 4hours.

Easy surprised me right from the get go. I was so engrossed with the story and had a hard time putting it down. Sweet but not too cheesy..mature but not too adult.. Its a perfect contemporary romance book to read and It was definitely an "easy" book to read!

I must admit that I wasn't to keen on having sexual assault as a subject on this book because in all honesty that is a difficult matter to be discussed and I was afraid that Webber will have a hard time incorporating it into her love story but she did surprised me. Not only was Webber able to weave a good story but she was also able to create characters that readers can easily relate to. Take for example Jacqueline, the female protagonist. Yes, we know she was almost a victim of sexual assault. She was able to experience dissappointment with what happened with her relationship with her ex-boyfriend and the fear of almost sexually assaulted but she did not back down. She doesn't let what happened in her life dragged her down. Instead, she uses these experiences to make herself stronger and Webber was able to succesfully let us experience the changes Jacqueline did to be the woman she was meant to be. On the male protagonist part, well what can I say? Lucas or Landon Maxfield is the epitome of  the saying don't judge the book by its cover. Yes, Lucas has entered the field of my own list of romantic literary heroes I can't get enough with. He's the tattooed, mysterious emo kid that is tough on the outside but is soft, romantic and intelligent on the inside and I can't get over what he did on the Starbucks counter when he leave his number to Jacqueline (spoiler)? I mean it maybe a common scenario to others but for me that's where I fall in love with him. Okay enough! I am literally fan-gushing here.

I will probably go on and on mentioning about positive adjectives that most of you had already heard of about this book but one thing is for certain, it is a MUST READ! Even though I was not surprised on the revelation about Lucas and Landon because in all honesty I was able to guessed it way before the big reveal but it still doesn't change the fact that this book was beyond my expectations. It is not about a feel good romance book but it is also about identity, self-awareness, confidence, resiliency and trust. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments