6 Things The Single Woman will teach you about heartbreak and being Single

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It's a well documented fact on this blog that I sufferred a major heartbreak when my seven-year relationship ended. I don't want to go into the details on what happened (just read my previous blog entries) but it really felt like it was the end of my world back then. I was sad and depressed and if not for my daughter, I don't know if I would be able to survive having my heart shattered into million pieces. I've been single for almost three years now. I don't have any complains though because I'm enjoying every bit of it but there are those rare times that you just need a kick in your pants when you're single and Mandy Hale's The Single Woman did all that and so much more.  

It was a little over a year into my "singlehood" when I was browsing through Amazon E-Book section on what to buy when I stumbled upon a self-help book. I was a bit hesitant to purchase it because honestly, I'm not really a big fan of this genre. However, the five star rating and positive reviews intrigued me and I thought of giving it a try and thank goodness I did because it was so worth it! The Single Woman is a very inspiring read. With to do lists, faith, anecdotes and what nots, it was a big help to me when I read this while nursing my broken heart. So for today's book quotes entry, I thought why not share some of my favorite lines from this book. It was so hard to choose some of these quotes because almost all of the pages of this book are all so quote-worthy.

So, here it is:



On why heartbreak is okay:


On why it's okay to let him go:


On why it's okay to not be friends with your Ex:


On what to do while waiting for "The One":


On why you don't need to rush yourself to Move-On:


On why being Single means you're too fabulous to settle:



We've long been associating a fairy-tale-like happiness to having a Prince Charming. Though there's nothing really wrong about it however in this age Mandy Hale's The Single Woman reminds us that the real fairy tale is designing a life that's so amazing that you don't want to be rescued from it and that "Happily Single" is recognizing that you don't need or want to be rescued from your life by a handsome prince because your life is pretty awesome as it is.

You Might Also Like

0 comments