Entwined with You (Crossfire 3)

Saturday, June 08, 2013


From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn’t resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside–so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.

No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I’d been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.

Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession…- Goodreads

REVIEW

Entwined with You started out where Reflected in You (book 2) ends. If you haven't read the first two books or it has been a long time since you read book 2, I would suggest re-reading at least the last few chapters of Reflected in You. Trust me, you would not get lost reading this and you would have a better understanding of what Gideon and Eva's fears all about. Anyho, like I just said Entwined with You started where book 2 left off. Eva discover's what Gideon did to protect her. They broke up and then got back again - in secret. Yes, in the outskirts of the society, Gideon got back with Corrine and Eva is with Brent but in their own little world, they are still very much committed to each other. They just kept their relationship in wraps because of the circumstances that they need to be careful of because of what Gideon did. Secret meetings and hook-ups and a new apartment defined their relationship. Heck, even their wedding (yes, they got married!) was held in a remote Carribean Island. Too much drama right? Don't be sad though because they slowly reveal that they are still together slowly and surely. 

When I received my copy of this, I was so damn excited. How can I not when I've been waiting for this for months and I was missing Gideon Cross. I pushed back some of the books on my to be read list because I had to read this right away. But damn, I was disappointed.

Let me start by saying that I love the first two books in this series. Gideon Cross is up there with Christian Grey, Kellan Kyle and Travis Maddox on my ultimate book boyfriend list. Eva Tramell is my all time favorite heroine. But then I read this book and boom! it went haywire. There were still loopholes that wasn't polished. Eva and Gideon are still haunted by their pasts and even though they got married this doesn't feel like their HEA and I badly wanted it to happen in this book because this is supposed to be a trilogy. I was maybe around 3 or 4 chapters that I felt like the story became too boring and repetitive. I don't give a s**t about the steamy sex scenes that were almost occupying every pages that I've read. I wanted drama and more depth to Eva and Gideon's story. I kept on waiting for something to happen but alas it never came.

I wanted to like this book but it just didn't made sense to me. Sylvia Day is a good romance writer but I don't like what she did to this series. The plot was already too thin and it could have been better if she just finished everything on this book and not stretching it out for another two books that I felt was too selfish on her part or maybe the publisher's part. Readers want satisfaction not monopoly. I wished I could say that I was done reading this series but I know, I don't have a choice but to wait for the rest of the books in this series to be release.


You Might Also Like

0 comments