Reckless

Thursday, March 14, 2013


Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything? - Goodreads

REVIEW

It's been a couple of days since I read this book but I can't seem to get it out of my system. One of the most highly anticipated books of 2013, Reckless ended the Kellan and Kiera story to absolute perfection.
Where to begin? I can't describe what this series means to me and how it greatly changed my reading life. This series started my love affair with rock stars and celebrities. I feel so emotional writing this review. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to these characters. I know it has to end but I still am not ready to let them go. When I got to the end part, I was conflicted with emotions. I was gleefully happy that they got their happy ever after but at the same time sad because this means the end to the series that I loved the most.

Reckless picks up where Effortless left off. Having been signed by a record label, Kellan and The D-bags are now in L.A. to record their first album. Keira follows soon after accompanying Kellan on their tour to promote the album while writing an autobiography depicting her relationship with Denny, her infidelity with Kellan and of how they became a couple. As The D-bags rises, issues also came with them, invasion of privacy, overzealous fans, manipulative manager and a diva who will stop at nothing to be famous. Keira and Kellan's relationship are once again tested with the issue that had hounded them since they started - trust.

It's a known fact that I love Kellan Kyle but this book is all about Keira. She definitely shines in this book. She had evolved from the selfish, clingy and immature girl in Effortless to a woman of courage and strength. I love the fact that she pushes Kellan to never give up on his lifelong dream and pushes him to do his best even-though some of the things he has to do is painful for her. Being a rockstars' girlfriend or should I say wife is not an easy task to do but Keira stands by her man, supporting him, dealing with fans, groupies and other pitfalls of stardom and even convincing him to stay when Kellan was ready to left everything and go back to Seattle. She has definitely come a long way.

As for Kellan Kyle, well what can I say? This man is really perfection. I had loved him since Thoughtless and had fallen in love with him more. This guy is perhaps my most admired and love book boyfriend of all time. He may be sex on stick but there is so much more to him than his good looks and talent. His love and devotion to Keira is unparalleled for and all of the sweet and tender moments between them is swoon worthy. Damn! I can't get my mind off cowboy Kellan. That was hot!

All of the characters came full circle in this book. Relationships that started bad ended good. Kellan, Keira and Denny totally put their past behind and even work together as a team in the end. The love triangle and betrayal that started this series have move past to a greater place. Anna and Griffin had their happy-ever-after and so as the rest of the band. I love the fact that all of the loose ends and every single storyline on the first two books were answered on this final installment and were given closure.

Looking back at the journey, I am so happy how this series turned out. I'm sad that it ended and I know I will forever miss Keira, Denny, Kellan, Anna, The D-Bags and the rest of their friends and hopefully a reread will cure it.

Thank you S.C. Stephens for giving us a wonderful and perfect ending to the love story that we love.

You Might Also Like

0 comments