Love Left Behind

Wednesday, December 12, 2012


It's not everyday that you get to move to New York City and reinvent yourself. I was tired of being boring, predictable Emma Mills. I was convinced that my life would be totally different in the Big Apple.

And I was right.

Jackson Reynard was irresistible and I had no plans on resisting him. Jackson was the epitome of tall, dark and handsome and I was more than happy to let him sweep me off my feet. I expected a summer fling but instead I got a heart-stopping romance. I realized that I had met the love of my life. I just didn't realize that sometimes love isn't enough.

It's hard enough getting over an ex. It's even harder when he becomes Hollywood's next biggest heartthrob and his face is plastered on every magazine cover. But the hardest part? The hardest part is when he thrusts himself back into my life and won't let go of the past.

I survived losing the man I loved the first time. I don't think I'll survive it again. - Goodreads

REVIEW

I am a fan of emotional roller coaster books. I love drama and conflict. I love conflicted characters, angst, mistakes, second chances and steamy scenes. If a book has all of these, then I would be having a hard time putting it down. This was what happened when I had gotten a chance to read this book. I first saw it as one of the books recommended to me on my goodreads account. I was intrigued at the cover, it screams sexiness and reminded me of Avoiding Commitment. The summary at the back promises something too and thank goodness, I was not disappointed.

Love Left Behind is one of the books that just comes out of nowhere and surprises you. I'm not going to divulge anything about its plot but basically it has something to do with a love lost and gained back again. While reading this book, I found myself sympathizing with the main characters involved. Even though, it was a whirlwind romance, I could feel the pain and the heartache that each one of them goes through and all of those emotions that they shared along with their sweet and cute love story. I like the fact that S.H. Kolee did not concentrate mainly on Jackson and Emma alone but she was able to incorporate other characters that made them what they are now. I also like the fact, that it kept me on my toes with surprises you did not expect to happen. Like when you thought, it's a happy ever after and then someone/something comes along that will ruined everything that you started, it has lots of these in this book. Though, it was long, I was not bored with it. Heck, I was not able to put it down!

Overall, it was a fell-good love story and I will recommend if you love an angst-filled romance story. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments