Before I Fall

Saturday, September 29, 2012



What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death--and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing


REVIEW

I had this book in my iBook for a couple of months already and just finished reading it last month. To be honest, the reason why I am so keen on flipping through the pages right away is because the first part of this book reminds me of those high school mean girls with their popular set of friends and an attitude that everybody loves them and wanted to be like them. What I mean is that I usually encountered this kind of plot in every teen fiction books I had read that its becoming so cliche already. 

However, as I go through the chapters one by one and noticed Sam's changes along the way, I began to be really engrossed in reading and flipping through the pages. Lauren Oliver was able to successfully transformed the protagonist Sam into a beautiful person inside and out. You cant help but be proud of her (sam) on how much she had grown and of how much she wanted to make a difference and make her death *spoiler* worth it. And as reader, you will be able to realize that there are more things that are important in life, simple things that you might ignore right now but will always be there for you no matter what - family and the people who loves you most no matter what you are and what you've become. 

And with regards to how it ends, at first it made me confuse though. I kept on asking if she did die or not. I was not able to fully understand it and have to reread it multiple times to convince myself.  Yes, it was an ambiguous ending but I could not ask for anymore ending than this. It's a good thing that Lauren Oliver ended it like this so that you as a reader can draw out your own conclusions unto what had happened. I don't know about you but isn't it much more special?

P.S.
If you want a copy of this book, PM me

You Might Also Like

0 comments