Flashback Friday │ Vol. 2

Friday, April 29, 2016


Welcome to Flashback Friday, a personal blog series where I talked about sharing my favorite memories from the past -  a photo, video, archived posts or anything from my memory lane. Join in the fun if you'd like.


If there's one thing that I like about Fridays' aside from the fact that tomorrow's a weekend, is the fact that local radio is playing 90's - early 2000's music all day long. I was a 90's kid and I'm not ashamed to admit that I love the 90's - the music, tv shows, the memories -  not so much with clothing though. So I was on my way to work when I heard this song being played and so I thought it would make a good Flashback Friday post. So for today's #FBF, I'll be sharing with you this music video that is perfect for the summer season - Summer Girls by LFO. 




Released in 1999, this was one of LFO's hits. According to Rich Cronin (LFO's lead singer and primary song writer), this song was supposedly just a demo but was leaked to a US radio station. True  or not, it spread like wildfire and was one of Billboard's biggest summer song of all time. I remember that I used to jam to this song every time it pop-up on the radio - well up until  now.  I even recorded it on a blank tape before just so I can play it on my walkman every time. This song jumpstarted my interest to the band and when Girl On TV and Every Other Time was released, I was hooked.

Truth be told, the lyrics doesn't really make sense but its melody is so catchy. What about you? Was Summer Girls one of your 90's music memory?

You Might Also Like

0 comments