Catching Jordan

Sunday, November 11, 2012


ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.


But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Greeen moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line? - Goodreads

REVIEW

I picked it up last night, began to read it and didn't put it down until the last page while occasionally laughing and grinning at every page. That just summed up my whole experience while reading this contemporary romance by Miranda Kenneally. Is it good? Yes. Is it the kind of book that will tugged at your heart and hard to forget by? Not really.

Catching Jordan  follows the story of Jordan, the only girl in a highschool football team who is threatened when a new "hot" guy joined her team and threatened to take her position (quarterback) and as well as her heart. Okay, I'm not going to divulged more about the plot but it has a cute story though. However, I don't think I'm not sure if I can relate to Jordan because first and foremost, I don't like football. In all honesty, I was having a hard time understanding the mechanics and the different types of plays presented in this book and I don't want to waste time doing research about it. I just make it up though by concentrating on the story line and the characters.

The whole book was narrated by Jordan Woods (protagonist). I really wanted to like her, I mean I liked her at the start but as the story goes so was my likeness for her slips away. There are so many things I wanted her to be but the author forgot to include it (or so I think) that makes me confused.  I really like her to stand up and speak for herself. If she was indeed one of the boys, I wanted her to be one of the boys in terms of speaking her mind. In all honesty, I was kinda disappointed for the lack of character development in this book. If not for the witty dialogues and the humorous scenes, I'll just pass it up as just a romance novel in the likes of Sweet Valley High or Sweet Dreams Romances for that matter.

Catching Jordan had the perfect blend of sports and romance, a perfect romantic comedy. It was one of those books that I literally read without expecting anything just because I'm bored. It was a funny reading experience though but looking back at it right now, it didn't make a lasting impression. Yes, I like the book very much but I didn't love it - if you know what I mean. I wanted to make this book unforgettable but that was not the case. I did enjoy reading it though but I think I will forget it once I start reading another book.

You Might Also Like

0 comments