My Top Ten Favorite TV Shows

Monday, September 12, 2016

It's a couple of days late but I'm not gonna miss Raisa and Eileen's fun blog link-up where we talk about everything (literally!) that struck our fancy in the hopes of getting to know each other through our favorite things

Since, today's my rest day and I was planning on watching movies that I've missed and read books from my ever growing file of books to read, I thought of sharing my all time favorite tv shows because I'm feeling like a bum today and was a couch potato back then (and still is?). So here it is,


1. Sex and the City

It's been how many years since the last episode aired but here I am still watching reruns and pulling out my DVD Compilation when I needed a pick me up. Sex and the City have been on top of my list like forever and Carrie Bradshow, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York and Miranda Hobbes define squad goals for me. Forget about its sexual innuendos, Jimmy Choo's, Cosmopolitan and Designer Outfits but what I love about SATC is how it redefines the meaning of relationship for me.  Plus, it's the main reason why New York is on my bucket list.

2. Game of Thrones

No other show had kept me hooked up with its bloodiest and most shocking cliffhangers than what Game of Thrones does. Honestly, before the first episode was aired, I have already read the first two books from A Song of Ice and Fire series, A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings (that's why I'm mostly Team Daenerys). I was doubtful at first how the tv series will give it justice because the books are epic fantasies and tv show budget (as far as I know) isn't that big but after the first episode, I was convinced and hooked. 

3. The Walking Dead

My cousin first introduced this zombie tv series to me. At first, I was a bit hesitant to watch this because I'm not really a fan of gore and horror (I thought it was a horror show) but after watching the first season, I was hooked. I love how it balances grotesque scenes with human feelings and I found myself looking forward to each new season and episodes. Just like Game of Thrones, what makes this show unique is its unpredictability. You watch your favorite character's die and you can't do anything about it because that how it goes. Speaking of which, Season 6 will start to air next month and I'm so damn excited!

4. Friends

Probably the best sitcom I've ever watched. Friends is this simple show, no special effects , no heavy scenes and heavy dramas but still memorable. Every time I catch reruns on this one, this still never fails to make me laugh.

5. That 70's Show!

The most underrated sitcom. It's hilarious and just plain wonderful. I wasn't able to watch it while it was airing but I got a DVD and watch all seasons for three days straight and got myself a good laugh. The reason why I haven't put it up on my list because it was never the same when Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace left. Kelso (Ashton) was really funny but I was in love with Erik (Topher), for me he was the backbone of the series and it was just never the same without him in it.

6. Dawson's Creek

Okay, I'm probably showing my real age here but this has been my favorite show back when I was still a teen. Pacey and Joey was my first favorite tv couple and I was really rooting for them (even in real life). 

7. The Amazing Race

Twenty-Eight Seasons (and counting) and I will never get tired of this reality show. This is one of those shows that you'll never know what's going to  happen to your favorite teams and the challenges are rarely the same. Plus, I love how they show the culture of each country they visited. It feels like I am also traveling with them. Fun fact about me: it's my secret dream to join this race.

8. America's Next Top Model

The models, photo shoots, guests and the behind the scenes drama, this show was my guilty pleasure!

9. Mr. Bean

Never fails to make me laugh!

10. Gossip Girl

I was a fan of the books before I watched the series. Though, the storyline was totally different from the books, Chuck Bass and Blair plus the gorgeous outfits and streets of New York, make up for it!


Honorable list: 

Skins, The Vampire Diaries, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Survivor, Family Guy, The Wonder Years 


How about you? What's your favorite tv show?

You Might Also Like

0 comments