30 Before 30

Thursday, May 05, 2016


I just turned 29 two months ago and celebrated it with so much food and fanfare - just kidding. Truth be told, since it was Holy Week, I just stayed at home - alone, had instant noodles for dinner and watched random YouTube videos online. Yes, I was and still am living a monotonous life, so very far from who I was back when I hit my 20's. 

I don't know about you but my early 20's have been nothing short of a beautiful mess. I've overcome my shyness and met lots of people, became friends with them and lost some in the process. It was also a decade where I've fallen in love - hard, did things that I couldn't believe I was capable of and got my heart broken by the same guy I fell head over heels in love with. My 20's was also a decade when I embraced my inner wanderlust and went to places some of them experienced it as a Backpacker. It was also the decade where I stop being an adventurous girl because God gave me a beautiful gift - my daughter.

So it was on the day of my 29th birthday when I was all alone at home that I had a big reflection of my life and sort of feeling sorry for myself for not having achieved what everyone else around me seems to have. By the way, if you're curious, I'm not freaking out - not yet. Going back, having this realization, I began to jot down things I want to do before I hit the big 3-0. I know, I only have less than a year to do all of these things so I'm making this list as realistic as possible. Good luck self, you can do it!




You Might Also Like

0 comments