Out of Breath

Thursday, July 04, 2013


••• EXCERPT •••


Emma leaves Weslyn and everyone in it behind to attend Stanford University, just as she always intended. A shell of her former self, she is not the same girl. She is broken, and the only way that she’ll be whole again is through forgiveness. Emma must find a way to forgive herself and recognize her own worth before she can receive the love she deserves. This final installment will have readers holding their breath until the very last page - Goodreads


••• REVIEW •••

I have been addicted to this series ever since I read Reason for Breathing last year. I can't describe how much it affected me emotionally. I still remembered how I sorta died when I thought that Emma died in Reason for Breathing and how upset and broken I am when she left Evan on Barely Breathing and on how frustrated I've been for the past months that this book's release date was moved back because I was so eager and dying to know what is going to happen. Seriously, it's one of the most gut wrenching series I've ever read in my life and I'm glad and sad at the same time that this - Out of Breath is the last one of the trilogy. Like many of you that are fans of this series, I've been waiting for this book to come out. It's in the top five of the highly anticipated book on my list. I've constantly stalked Rebecca Donovan just to get a glimpse of this book on the teasers she posted on her site. So when I got my copy of this, I was in heaven.


I am not going to ruin this book to anyone who haven't read it yet by relaying parts of the story but I have to say the wait was worth it. Everything from the writing style, how things were revealed, the characters and the storyline was done perfectly. I was so emotionally invested with the characters in this book specially Emma and Evan that I was also feeling what they went through. I joined them in the roller coaster ride of their relationship and honestly at some point I was convinced that maybe they're better off without each other but I had to say that reading how they fix that part of them towards the end was the most beautiful thing that came out of this book. Their reconnection wasn't right away. It took them or should I say Emma a long time to finally realized that Evan is her reason for breathing. I gotta commend Rebecca Donovan for creating an amazing book. The whole series had affected me emotionally but this book made it worst because this time its not a cliffhanger that greeted me at the end but an epilogue and when you have it, it means its over. 



I'm sad that this is the end of their journey but thankful at the same time for having to read and share a gem of a book. This series will forever hold a spot in my heart.


Ratings: ♥♥

You Might Also Like

0 comments