My Side

Sunday, June 09, 2013




EXCERPT

Erin Benson felt like she'd won the lottery when she arrived all the way from North Dakota with the keys to her first home in hand.

Crisp white walls: Check. 
Breathtaking view of downtown Boston: Check. 
Minutes from Northeastern School of Law: Check.

But home is not always where the heart is. Sometimes it’s where you find Mr. Random shacked up and sprawled out on what was supposed to be your new bed. Between the bear spray and the handcuffs, she discovers a terrible mistake has been made.

Lochlan hasn't broken into her new home to sleep with a seedy barmaid...he owns half.

With emotions running on high, Erin is determined to tough it out until a solution can be found. The tight quarters seem smaller with his accumulated clutter and bizarre sleeping schedule. It also doesn't help that he's the new lead singer for Thin Ice, an indie band on its rise to fame.

What happens when a quiet bookworm gets stuck with a relentless rocker?

What happens when the things you see are not the things you get? 


REVIEW

Blame it with my love affair with Kellan Kyle, he got me hooked up with rock star romance books. There were some that got me melting and in love and there were some that just were a waste of time. This book defines the latter.

I picked this book because at that time it was in the top ten new releases on Amazon. It had great reviews there. Plus, the cover was really eye catching and the blurb was intriguing but sadly those were just the good things about this the rest were bad. I really wanted to like this book. It started out great. The plot is interesting. But at around four or five chapters I got bored. There were so many things that didn't made sense in this book and top of the lists were the main characters. Erin is a selfish, annoying and overly dramatic girl. I never thought I could hate a girl character as much as I hated Keira in Thoughtless. She's an aspiring lawyer and supposed to smart and strong but she's playing dumb. She can't make up her mind about Lochlan. She can't decide if she wanted to be with him or not. I think most of their relationship is spent with her running from him and then when she learned a thing running towards him. And speaking of Lochlan, He's not Kellan Kyle but I don't love and hate him. He was just OK. I wanted to say he's controlling at the start but it was actually explained towards the end. I got to admit though that even if this book was crappy, I cried during the latter chapters. No, it was not because of Erin and Lochlan but it was because of Lochlan's parents. I don't want to spoil their story but their love is what we call true love. What Lochlan's father did for his mother is swoon worthy and what happened in the end is a tear-jecker. 

This book could have been a great read if the author made use of the plot and played with it a little. I'm not a writer but I think two opposites locked together in one house could be made into a romantic comedy with lots of sarcastic exchange of words and sexual chemistry. Just saying.

You Might Also Like

0 comments