Avoiding Commitment

Saturday, December 22, 2012


Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiance-to-be. Throw in Bekah's hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster. Find out what happens to Lexi as she travels to Atlanta to get the closure she so desperately desires from Jack, and how the bumps of life seem to keep getting in the way - Goodreads

REVIEW

I have a weakness for books that have wild emotional ride storyline and would make me understand and relate to the characters involved and this book did it and much more. Everything about it tugged at my emotions. It is the kind of book that looks like I'm riding a roller coaster ride and leave me breathless once I'm done. To say that this book was amazing is just an understatement.

Avoiding Commitment was recommended to me by a friend of mine with a note asking me if I will be on Team Jack or Team Ramsey. I didn't understand what she meant at first because I was only reading the summary at the back but when I was done, I was totally conflicted. 

* May contain spoilers

Jack is  a total asshole. I love and hate him at the same time. I love him for his alpha-ness, his masculinity, his gorgeousness and the fact that when he's with Lexi, he is honest and loving, you will totally swoon over him.  But the other Jack is totally hateful as well. He could be the worst kind of character. A selfish, liar, destructive and manipulative guy who thinks about himself and constantly inflict heartache to Lexi.

Lexi. Girl you made heroes fade in the limelight with your martyrdom. As far as I can remember, I had never encountered a character as dumb as you. The warning signs were all there but you won't do anything about it. Jack had hurt you countless times but you still keep letting him into your life. You could always blame it to good ole love, but that's not a healthy kind of love at all. If you want to really move on with your life, you had to learn how to completely let go of your past.

Bekah. Of all the characters, you surprised me. I always knew that there were something hidden behind that sweet, southern belle facade but I didn't expected it to be this worst. You're one manipulative bitch. You and Jack are perfect for each other.

Ramsey. You appeared mysterious to me. I hadn't really gotten to know you well (hopefully in book 2) but all I can say is you showed promised. You are a total sweetheart and I'm hoping that you did not connive with your manipulative sister's plan.

Words fail to express how my feelings and emotions was subjected to when I read this book. Avoiding Commitment becomes my new favorite. Page after page, it completely exhausted me. Its one of those books that you will love and hate the characters involved. It was filled with so much angst and drama, you can't simply put it down.

So to answer my friend's question, I'm on Team Jack. I know I wrote explicit description of him but I also knew that deep down inside, there's a good reason why he keeps coming back to Lexi.  In every relationship that Jack had, Lexi is the one constant factor. They were never a couple but the relationship that they had runs deep. I do believe that somehow he does care about her and I do hope that he will not avoid whatever feelings he had for Lexi.

I do recommend Avoiding Commitment to those who love reading an emotional roller coaster ride book. You might be throwing things and cursed while reading this book  but don't say, I did not warn you. So read at your own risk and while you're doing that, I will grab and read book two of the series Avoiding Responsibility.


You Might Also Like

0 comments