In Memoriam

Sunday, June 28, 2009

"People think they know me, but they don't..not really..Actually, I am one of the loneliest people on this earth. I cry sometimes because it hurts..it does. To be honest., it guess you could say that it hurts to be me.


I still can't believe it...the King of Pop bid goodbye to this world..

I first heard the news while assisting an at&t member over the phone. In the middle of our troubleshooting process, she was suddenly silent and then I asked her if she is still on the other line, she just blurted out "OMG! MJ just died!". I even thought she measns Michael Jordan but she explained that it was Michael Jackson and he suddenly died of cardiac arrest. And then the two of us were suddenly silent for a minute..reminiscing all our memories of the late king.

I grew up admiring MJ's music. My father (I think) is a fan of him because he keeps on playing MJ's music everytime. I didn't really know him that well but at my young age, I was already admiring his kind of music and his groove - and not the man behind it. It was in my high school years that I came upon his song Gone too Soon. It was MJ's song to a child who was inflicted by the HIV virus and died at such a young age. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think MJ wrote that song as a tribute to that child and it is in this that I became to admire the man behind Billy Jean. He may be weird and a "wacko" but without a doubt MJ has a pure heart. It was also on these years that I came upon his song Man in the Mirror, I know it was recorded by MJ way..way back but I just saw it on MTV when they have a re-run on MJ's grammy performance one on of their programs. Up until now, this is my favorite song of him because the lyrics explained it all

" if you wanna make the world a better place..just take a look at yourself and make a change"

Years passed by and MJ's life was the most talked about gossip in hollywood and not his music. He was accused of child molestation and had undergone too many plastic surgery to make him "look better" and more "white" than "black". I can't blame him though for wanting a skin tone other than the one he was born with because even up until now, we still can't deny that racial discrimination is still rampant and MJ just wants to be "accepted". MJ is an example of a man who is affected by the turnarounds of the society.

I admit, I am not a fan of him but I am a fan of his music. The world really misunderstand this man so much. Thank you MJ for all of your contributions to the music world. Your music will live and You will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace.

You Might Also Like

0 comments