Dark Knight Mania

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I admit, I am not a Batman fan.

Among the comics superheroes, Batman was my least favorite. Why? because for me, Batman is not a superhero. Unlike Superman, Spiderman, The X-Men etc. who were individuals with supernatural powers, batman is just Bruce Wayne, a filthy young rich man turn into his Batman alter ego when someone needs help. And how does he do it? well.. he just fights the bad guys using his famous gadgets for he has NO superhuman powers. That's the reason why, I am not in any manner interested with his life story thus I don't want to watch any Batman movies for that matter - until The Dark Knight.

Honestly speaking, I was supposed to stand by with my dislike of Batman movies but after reading all the fuss The Dark Knight had caused including breaking the record for the highest opening day which was previously held by Spiderman and deceased actor Heath Ledger's much talked about performance, curiosity got the better of me and the next thing I knew, I was lining up to buy tickets to watch The Dark Knight on the big screen and it turns out to be what I don't expect it to be.

The Dark Knight was a blast! It was so damn good that I ended up searching the Internet about each of the characters "life story" so as to better understood them and their role in Batman's life. As to Ledger's portrayal of Batman's arch nemesis - Joker? man.. that guy was so brilliant! He was so frighteningly terrific that you ended loving him instead of well..hate him (?). And I must admit, he really stole the show away from Christian Bale who played Batman/ Bruce Wayne. Heath Ledger was truly talented but sad to say he died last January due to a drug overdose.

Just a little trivia though..

Did you know that:

  • When asked "why Heath Ledger as the Joker" director Nolan said "Because he's fearless".
  • Robin Williams and Adrien Brody expressed interest for the role of Joker before Heath Ledger was cast? hmm...
  • To prepare for his role as the Joker, Heath Ledger lived alone in a hotel room for a month formulating the character's psychology, posture and voice. :)
Now I now know what the fuss is all about. So if you haven't watched the Dark Knight yet, you better go and see it..as in NOW! :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. just watched dark knight too!!! it was terrific! loved joker! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoo! i'd like to watch that movie too! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHESKA: You should really watched it..cause it's all worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete